Envision Eye & Aesthetics is a trusted IPL facial treatment provider in Rochester. And although it’s one of our favorite tools in our arsenal to treat a variety of skin conditions, we’ve also learned which patients would benefit more from this technology than others.
If you’ve decided to invest in your skin but aren’t sure whether an IPL facial treatment would be worth the cost for you, read on to learn more or give us a call at (585) 444-3937 to schedule a complimentary consultation!
How Much an IPL Facial Costs
There are several factors to consider when calculating the cost of your photofacial:
- Your provider’s credentials
- The type of technology he/she uses
- How many initial sessions you need
- The size of the treatment area
- How many unique areas you would like to address
Over the course of a year, a patient may spend anywhere from $600 to $3000 on photofacials.
Who It Works Best For
Photofacials are safe for all skin types and tones, and you can get them during any time of the year!
View this post on Instagram
That said, because photofacials are so incredibly versatile, it’s important to communicate your exact concerns with us during an initial consultation.
Using different settings and filters, Forever Young BBL can help patients struggling with:
- Fine Lines
- Acne & Acne Scars
- Skin Laxity
- Sun Damage
- Other Types of Skin Damage
- Overall Skin Quality & Maintenance
- & More
Who It Won’t Work For
There are some patients who are not ideal candidates for treatment, including those who:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have a connective tissue disease
- Use a pacemaker
- Have an autoimmune disorder
- Are prone to keloids
- Take Accutane (and for six months after stopping Accutane)
Like we mentioned before, some patients may benefit much more than others from a series of photofacials.
Those who are looking to treat deep-set wrinkles, deep-set acne scarring, or skin dullness may benefit more from another type of skin rejuvenation treatment, such as a laser treatment or peel, than from a BBL session.
That said, BBL can be an excellent way to maintain or complement your results from your other med spa treatments down the road!
Vetting Your IPL Facial Treatment Provider
You’re going to find a lot of IPL facial treatment providers in Rochester, NY. But are these experiences all the same?
You should look for an IPL facial treatment provider that has:
- A medical background. Anyone can purchase a photofacial device, but that doesn’t mean everyone is equally qualified to understand your skin’s unique needs!
- Multiple years of experience. You should trust that your provider has performed at least 100+ other IPL facial treatments prior to treating you. Even though potential risks of treatment are low, you don’t want to invest the time and money in professional skincare treatments if they aren’t going to yield impressive results.
- Plenty of before-and-after photos. To help support their experience, your provider should be able to provide you with a gallery of before and after photos that illustrate how they were able to correct similar concerns in other patients.
- Other treatments available. Ultimately some patients could benefit more from other treatments rather than an IPL facial. But if that’s the only tool your provider has to offer, you may feel pressured to go through with the treatment anyway—even if it isn’t going to get you the results you’re after. Make sure your med spa has a variety of other tools and techniques available so that you can get a well-rounded treatment plan to help you achieve your goals!
10 Things Patients Should Know About IPL Photofacials
Photofacials yield the best results for patients who are informed, consistent, and communicative with their provider! Check out our recent blog for more information.
Learn more about the photofacial at Envision Aesthetics in Rochester
Envision Eye & Aesthetics is conveniently located in Rochester, NY, between Pittsford and Brighton. With highly trained staff and high-quality products and treatments, we’re here to give you the best experience for your aesthetic enhancements.
No matter what your goals are, we’re here to help! Get started with our virtual consultation tool and get on the path to looking and feeling your best. Or, if you’d prefer, schedule an appointment to come see us!
The safety and comfort of our customers are top priorities for us. We will always make sure that you’re comfortable with your decisions and happy with your results for a more confident you.
Unlock monthly specials and learn about the best medical spa treatments
Be the first to know about our monthly specials and you can save big on your next treatment! Envision Eye & Aesthetics shares monthly newsletters so you get the important information you need to make an informed decision about your long-term skin health.